Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to School Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMtkiS1SU_c

I have to say, 5 am came way too early this morning.  In fact, the dread ensued at 4 am when I gave my clock a look of disbelief and preceded to whine to myself for the next hour.  Seriously??  How can I be THIS tired!?!  I've had two full weeks off of school to catch up on my rest.  Ugh!
At 5:20, I begrudgingly dragged myself out of bed, only to feel the cold floor beneath my feet.  Ugh!  Cold, too?  I can't handle the freezing temps when I am this tired!

We made it to early morning Seminary by 6:00...Tristen having much less trouble than I was keeping awake and focused.  When we got back home, all I could think of was how extremely exhausted I felt.  I couldn't keep my eyes open and my whole body ached no matter how much I stretched.  I have to get my mind focused on school.  Stay off Facebook, I told myself.
I made breakfast and reminded the kids to do their chores....8:00 am came very quickly. 
We got together on the couch for our "morning meeting" during life skills class.  I told them about the next week and what needed to be done by the end of the semester on Friday. 

As we discussed the new sensory objects and activities, I could see their eyes sparkle and in that instant all the selfish thoughts of my own discomfort faded away.  I was reminded of how much I love teaching my kids and playing such a big part in their lives.  At ages 13 and 15, my boys like their alone-time as much as I do.  Most of our vacation was spent enjoying not having to go anywhere or be around anyone.  I really missed my kids!  I am SO glad to be back to school!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJQGkx5LpuA

No comments: