Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Clarification

I feel I have to clarify.
I am not a conceited person.  I am quite the opposite.  I have a difficult time admitting I do ANYTHING well....I constantly self evaluate and self criticize.
If my children make it into functioning adults who contribute to society, it will be in spite of me.
However, I would be remiss to not say my unique parenting and parenting choices have not helped my children thus far.  I also can not deny being led by my Father in Heaven.  It is as true to me and as deep and real as my love for my children.
I couldn't have accomplished what I have without Him.  I would not have the gift of instinct to go down the right paths for my family's health.  I would not have the blessing of seeing autistic children's strengths and the unique ability to understand how to teach them.  I see things and understand things other educators don't see.  I owe it to God and can not take credit for it with a clear conscience.
I hope and pray the things I have learned will be useful to other families facing the same challenges.

No comments: